Debra-Ann Tanne Speech Pathology is a practice that believes in a wholistic approach towards remediating challenges related to communication, speech, language and academic language (which relies on auditory processing of verbal information, phonics, reading, writing, sustained attention. The therapists at this practice are passionate and goal-directed to ensure that your child gains optimally from the process.
At the practice we carry out assessments to highlight the underlying issues that may be causing the surface challenges. Therapy sessions are custom made for your child’s needs incorporating imagination and enthusiasm for learning. Working on these skills in therapy helps empower your child when communicating and learning at home, school and other environments.
These are some of the areas we deal with
- Speech sound errors (affects speech intelligibility, spelling and reading)
- Dysfluent speech (stuttering)
- Reduced sustained attention ( this has a marked impact on independent task completion, following and retaining instructions and concepts taught in the classroom, and for open ended academic tasks)
- Delayed Receptive and expressive language skills
- Underlying skills needed for reading and reading comprehension for all school ages
- Underlying skills needed for verbal and written expression for all school ages
The practice also teaches children (Primary and High school) underlying skills on how to
- Express their ideas in writing for essays and other extended responses
- Carry out research
- Study effectively
- Plan and organize homework completion during the week
In addition, we work with children with who have been diagnosed with Syndromes, Intellectual Impairment, Cerebral Palsy, Autism and other disabilities which have an impact on their communication skills and learning.
We work with the family, school and other professionals so as to optimise the process and carryover of skills that have been targeted in real-life situations. This is assisted by individual sessions, group sessions and school based therapy.
Debra-Ann Tanne and Sabrina Hussain-Ricketson are experienced, motivated and enthusiastic therapists who strive to individualise programmes to suit your child’s needs.
For further information or enquiries please contact us on: 0409 833 370 or